New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 4

   Dear Family,
      1 month! Holy cow, it has gone by so fast. I cannot believe I have only one month left here at the MTC!  I need to work harder on learning Dutch. It's coming along really well though! It is ruining my English. I'm starting to put my verbs at the end of the sentence as the Dutch do in their grammar.  I guess that's not a bad thing though! It sounds like so much is happening in the world right now. I'm really interested to see how the conflict in Libya unfolds. I have some friends who are headed over to Japan in a few weeks, but they will be placed in the states for a few months first. All the missionaries in the affected areas were moved to the safe area and they don't want to overload the country with missionaries and use up what little resources Japan has at the moment.  Haha, thanks for snagging the "Forever the Sickest Kids"CD! Can't wait to hear it in a few years. Maybe they'll have a few more by then too. Sounds like progress is being made on the eagle project. Mom, thanks so much for the letters. I really appreciate them a ton. I'm working on a cassette for you, hopefully you'll like it. Things are going really well around here. Tonight we have a new group of elders coming in. We'll add 8 more to our zone and they will be heading to Las Vegas.  One of the elders is from Russia and he'll be learning English.  There were so many experiences this week that happened that really strengthened my testimony. I won't go into detail because they are more personal but I can tell you that I've never felt more sure about anything than as I do now about this gospel. I know this is what I'm supposed to be doing. This is an important work and I'm so happy that I can be a part of it. It truly is a blessing. Oh! Recently Elder Merrill and I took part in a TV presentation they are having about the MTC. We were able to speak dutch on camera! Haha! Also, soon after, President Brown (the MTC president) met with our district to tell us that the Belgian Ambassador wanted to learn what we do here at the MTC, and specifically wanted to meet with the Dutch district! I thought that was super neat! It will be a great opportunity to learn about Belgian culture, history, and practice the language with a native. He will be coming in a week or so. A member of the 70 will be here along with President Monson's personal bodyguards too. I really enjoy working with each of the districts. It has been an excellent opportunity to make friendships and to work with people. I really enjoy it here each and every day. Dad - thanks so much for keeping me updated on everything. It's really hard to find out about the news. I think the only two things I'm struggling with are lack of news and music. But life is great! I also have one more request. I have been super careful about what I eat. I appreciate the care packages but I don't know if I can eat anymore Twix.. I really do love them though! This last week I realized how important it is to read the scriptures every day. It finally has sunk in!!! Mom and Dad, 10 minutes everyday with James and Paige will honestly give you more energy and happiness. The scriptures are incredible! I particularly love the book of Romans. If I haven't answered a particular question about something, I apologize! I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for eternal families. What a blessing! Tot Ziens, Dooei!
 I'll send a letter in Dutch, I only have 1 minute left on the computer, sorry!
-Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment