New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Week 5

Dear Family,

We are now in our 5th week. Only 3 1/2 left to go! I'm getting really antsy to be honest. I know that my Dutch is nowhere near ready but I'm so excited to go and teach. This last week was really eventful. We had a new group of Elders come in last Wednesday and they are awesome! Many of them are 23 and 24 so it's been interesting working with them because one of them already has his masters degree. The one elder from Russia, Elder Ermakov (pronounced Yer-muh koff) is incredible. His conversion story is so inspiring and makes me want to work even harder. My companion and I have been keeping super busy with our calling and it has been a lot of fun! We had the Belgian Ambassador here this morning. He was a very friendly man and I understood 85-90 percent of what he was saying. I asked him about the industries over in Belgium and he mentioned the company "Caterpillar" so I jumped on that opportunity to talk to him about that although I know very little about the company. (thanks dad!) He spenty about 20 minutes with us and then we took pictures together so I'll send those home with the other pictures this week. I'm really happy about the progress in learning Dutch. It is such an awesome language. Elder Merrill and I have taught many times in the language and each time it becomes better. I'm really sad to see the Danish group in my zone leave this next week. I have become good friends with each of them so it'll be weird to see them leave. It's good to know that they are doing the Lord's work so that makes everything better! 
   
    Scripture study is the greatest thing in the world. I've never enjoyed it as much until now but every spare minute I have is used for personal study. I'm almost done with the book of Matthew and both Corinthians and they are incredible books! The Letters from Peter are very great as well. So much insight!

    Gatlinburg sounds so fun! I'm super jealous. I cannot believe it is already time for spring break, let alone Conference!!! I'm so excited for General Conference. To hear from all 15 prophets in one weekend! I'm excited to experience it from the MTC as well. I wonder what they will have to say over Japan and the conflicts happening all over the world. I'm really sorry that there isn't much for me to report on this week. I'll be sending pictures off in the mail today. I think I'm doing ok as far as necessities are going.  As far as care packages go, as much as i love sweets. I can't eat them. I've lost ten pounds and I don't want to gain it back. Also I'm having feet problems so I may have to call you in a few days.  I have about thirty seconds to go before I run out of time. Love you all and hope everything is going well!
- Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment