New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Aug. 22

Dear Mom,

Hello! Great Email this week! It's so good to hear how everything is going.  I'm excited for Paige and her school news anchor tryout coming up. I wish we had more opportunities to do things like that in Elementary school. I'm glad she has the guts to try out to. Way to go Paige!  The salsa sounds so delicious. If only there was a way to mail that over here... haha. I'm so proud of James for being so diligent in his visits to Bro. Rodgers. He'll remember that forever. What a good guy. I really look up to James. I can't wait to get that letter from him! Is it on it's way?  That's so neat that Adam Buckwalter's baptism is coming up so soon. That'll be neat to have Grandpa and Grandma out there. How much longer will Neal and Lynnette be staying in Indiana do you think?

Well I had an interesting week this week. Well, more of an interesting Sunday. We had a good week, everything was pretty quiet, our investigators are doing well. Nancy-18 and Stan-20 are super positive about learning and are super diligent in their studying. Obed- has a hard time speaking English. He mainly speaks Twi so it's always interesting teaching him. He's making progress though and that's all that matters! He loves Joseph Smith and always tells us about how Joseph was a fighter in searching for the truth and he won! haha. Blay is a 55 year old gangster who loves R. Kelly and Biggie Smalls and loves the church (He has come 4 Sundays in a row now to church!) Manu came to church yesterday and we have an appointment with him on Tuesday, we're getting closer. Paul is currently in Chicago visiting his Grandpa but we had a super great appointment with him and he is excited to come back and learn more. He is such a cool guy. 21 year old Dutch guy who gives snowboarding lessons in Austria, is such an excellent cook after working at a super classy restaurant, plays guitar and piano, speaks French, English, Dutch, Chinese, and is studying at Oxford next year. There are some incredible people here. It blows my mind how normal it is for people here to speak 3 or 4 languages flawlessly.

Ok, now for my Sunday. I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting. It was all in Dutch and i did it mostly from my head with a few notes. I was super stoked because my Dutch is a whole lot better than it was when I first got here. I'm making progress! About 6 minutes into my talk, I start feeling a bit weird, all of a sudden I got tunnel vision and spoke into the microphone kind of brokenly, "Uhhh, sorry Ik voel me een beetje vreemd." I stumbled and blacked out. Luckily all three members of the bishopric caught me. It was super awkward but I got back up and finished my talk. Endure to the end :P. I wasn't nervous, in fact, I was pretty excited. I just locked my knees and that did the trick, whoops. I thought it would make for an interesting story in my email today though! Something weird was bound to happen sometime that week. Something happens every week!  After church, Lucky Thailampang from Thailand comes up to me and says, "I know massage techniques for this". She sits me down in a chair starts massaging my temples and then smacks me super hard in the forehead! I was like "What the heck, Lucky!" She goes, "Settle down and relax!" "How can I relax when you just smacked me in the face?" "Just take it, Elder!" Next thing, she shoves my head down and smacks me on the back of my neck super hard. I basically had to fight her off  haha. It did get rid of my light headed feeling. All the meanwhile the sister missionaries were busting up and my companion looked at her like "what the heck are you doing to my companion?"

Love, 
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment