New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 10,2011 Transferred! New Address!

Dear Family,

Lots of BIG changes this week. The week has been really great. I tried my hardest to stay super focused and not worry about where I was headed next.  Ellen was not baptized this week but will probably be this weekend or the following. She is ready and wants to. Her dad is just not excited about tithing. He's willing to let her be baptized though. She is super solid. She fasted for 24 hours with us. It was the first time she had ever heard about fasting and she was willing to try it.  Christmas, holy cow! That's coming up soon isn't it. As far as ideas for gifts, I may have to get back to you on that. I really haven't thought about anything. Last week, I remember you asking if there was a chance that I would ever go to Brussels. That is actually in the Paris, France mission French speaking but I do have some interesting news! My companion came back home from an appointment and as soon as we sat down, we got a call from President Brubaker. I was informed last night that I will be serving in Gent, Belgium as my next city.  I'm super excited because there are quite a few missionaries in this mission that actually never get to serve in Belgium.  I'm am super nervous for a few reasons though. First, they speak Flemish. Flemish and Dutch sound super different from each other. It's still technically Dutch, but the dialect is so different that it's super hard to understand. Next, They don't speak as much English in Belgium as they do in Netherlands. I will be speaking a whole lot more Dutch than I have in ïnternational Amsterdam.  Next, my companion will be starting his 3rd transfer. I will be a senior companion at transfer 5.  Combined we have under a year's experience.  I'll be growing up really quick! I am super excited and to be honest I am more excited than nervous. The Lord wants me there and he's promised his help. It'll be a good learning experience. Finally time to be pushed out of the nest right? Nephi 3:7. Gametime! What an awesome experience it will be. I almost feel like this will make or break my mission. But I was not sent here to fail. We're going to have a transfer of miracles.

My new address:
Elder Michael D. Schulte
Auguste van Ooststraat 51
9050 Ledeberg
Belgium

I love you guys. Hope all is going well! I'm praying for you and think of you often!
It was great hearing from you :). Take care!
Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment