New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Saturday, July 28, 2012

7/23/12


Dear Family,

Thank you so much for keeping me updated on what is going on. Someone on the street had mentioned something about guns and massacres in America and we thought that was pretty random... We had not heard about the Colorado shooting. That's really sad. I am glad to hear that James had fun at EFY in Kirtland. That sounds like it would have been a fun one to go to. William's pictures are incredible! He must be having a blast. People are beginning Ramadan pretty soon here as well. There are a lot of people of the Islamic faith here as well. Rotterdam has the largest mosque in the Netherlands and it is right outside my window, haha. It's a pretty building. It's now hitting me that Dad and Mom met each other when they were only 17! My goodness, you were both young. I was reading in my journal today as I was trying to catch up on the last few days. So many things have happened over here in the past 17 months. It only makes me wonder what has changed back home. Some sad news, I won't be able to extend my mission... So, I will be thankful for the time I do have and work EXTRA hard. Sorry it took so long to get pictures.The flowers are Keukenhof.  The zoo was especially for monkeys. It was a blast! I have never enjoyed a zoo so much, haha. My companion is a master bird catcher. He caught a seagull this week. I have never laughed so hard with one of my companions before. Funniest person I have ever met. My goodness, I love missionary work. It's just too much fun! We see miracles left and right, we work hard and have so much fun during all of it!  
   This past week was a little slower. It is vacation time and when people go on vacation, they GO ON VACATION. They'll leave for 4 or 5 weeks, maybe even a couple months. I don't understand how they can afford that or how the economy can afford it. The investigators are doing well and we have two baptisms set up for when they return from vacation. Rotterdam is a cool city, I enjoy it here. I cannot believe how fast the transfer has gone by. We find out about transfers this Sunday or Monday.  It's amazing how fast you can fall in love with people. When you are doing the Lord's work, you connect with them right away. I love this work. I love my mission! I made a goal with my companion that for the next 7 months, I will only speak in Dutch or Chinese unless we are teaching or talking to someone where English is absolutely necessary. Please ask me each week how it's going for some support, haha.  Thanks so much for the emails. Talk to you all later! 

Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment