New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Sunday, August 19, 2012

7/30/12


Dear Family,

We found out transfers yesterday evening. I will be staying in Rotterdam with Elder Ellis! This will be our second transfer together. We will both stay as zone leaders as well. I have a feeling that this may be my last as a zone leader so I'm definitely going to make it my best! I am overdue and will probably be put back on a bike soon. Nothing wrong with that! I miss the bike.) I am very excited to serve with Elder Ellis. A lot of great things will happen. We had a wonderful week of weather, which meant a lot of people were outside!  Unfortunately, a lot of people are still on vacation, but it has given us the opportunity to talk with a lot of people and build up a teaching pool again.  We had some great miracles this week!  I went on an exchange with Elder Wang. He is from my MTC group. It was a lot of fun to serve with him for the day. We set 2 baptismal dates and each one has a special story. Djudja is from Cape Verde and is a friend of a member named Tony. Tony is also from Cape Verde but grew up in Boston. Super cool guy. We spoke to Djudja in Dutch and Tony spoke to him in Creole, we had to translate everything back and forth because Tony is still learning Dutch and Djudja doesn't not speak English.  He was super excited and agreed to a date right away.  The other man was Johan. He is a 19 year old Dutch kid. Blonde fohawk with earrings, typical high school kid.  He said he knew there was something more and was looking for it. We gave him a tour around the church and taught him about Jesus Christ. The coolest thing in the world was when he said his first prayer. Afterwards, he paused and said, "...I feel something. What is this?" We explained and testified. We committed him to a baptismal date of 8 September. We also had zone leader council this past week. All the new faces...I felt really old. Zone leader Council is always the best! Discussing different ideas to improve the work. They are all missionaries that I feel especially close to as they have been either my companions in the past or really close friends. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures this week! They were great to see. Mom, I am mailing you a letter soon. 
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment