New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Saturday, February 9, 2013

2/8/13


Dear Family,

Another great week for the books! People coming unto Christ. I love watching baptisms. It is such a blessing to be out here.  

Monday was probably the busiest office day yet. Trying to arrange 4 or 5 apartments, along with catching up on all the work we missed due to our hospital adventures from last week. Tuesday, we worked a lot on the streets. It was nice to get outside for a full day and just preach the good word! On Wednesday, we drove down to Turnhout, Belgium and worked with the elders there for a day. I worked with Elder Sterling Farmer. He is from the Columbus 1st Ward in Indiana. Such a good guy. It's nice to have a fellow Hoosier in the mission. Turnhout is world famous for their playing cards. Billy The Kid was killed while playing with a deck of cards from Turnhout, haha. The following morning, we drove to Antwerpen where I exchanged with Elder Burton and then drove back to Amsterdam to work. We had a great exchange. Had a cool little experience right off the bat that day. We were driving and as we were driving I saw a man with a stroller. I had a feeling to go talk to him so we quickly pulled over the car, I ran across the street to chase him down. Finally when I caught up to him, I asked him, "Hey I see you have a family of your own. How would you like to stick around them for forever?" He smiled, looked back at me and said, I was just thinking about that. " We have an appointment with him and his family this next Tuesday." I'm excited to see where that goes. We then continued our drive to an appointment with a kid from the Dominican Republic. He moved here a year ago but is having a hard time getting used to the culture. He's a member. I cannot speak Spanish so we used google translate for half the lesson.  We later had a lesson with a Chinese kid we are teaching. I love this guy. He is brilliant. I jokingly asked him to review out of his head everything he had read from 1 Nephi 1 until chapter 20. He literally went through all 19 chapters out of his head. Details and everything. He remembered names of everyone, remembered every vision, everything! It was incredible. He's been feeling a lot of changes in his life since studying this. I think he's starting to recognize why :).  Friday, we drove to Leiden. We held a zone leader council. My last :(. It was very good. 

I love my mission. I don't want to be anywhere else right now.  Thanks for your e-mails. Could you tell Grandma and Grandpa Buckwalter and Webb thank you for their letters? I have a lot of catching up to do.

Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment