New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Monday, January 9, 2012

12/30/12

Dear Family,


   I received a call last night from President Brubaker that I would no longer be serving in Gent. I was really sad to hear that news. So many good things are happening in Gent right now. 6 people have baptismal dates. E is being baptized this Saturday and I'll have to miss that. He is such a solid guy and so ready for baptism. It was hard saying goodbye to him on the phone yesterday.  I'm really going to miss the members here and I will especially miss Familie G. They truly are so special to me and that will be really hard to deal with. I guess God has different plans for me.  My new assignment is in Appeldoorn in the Netherlands and I will be serving with Elder Bjork as a Zone Leader. I'm excited for the assignment and excited to work with Elder Bjork. If that is where the Lord wants me, then I am willing to go and work my hardest.  Elder Shoemaker is staying and his companion will be Elder Hawkley. He was the other zone leader with Elder Bjork, so we are just trading places.
   This week has definitely been one to remember as there was once again never a dull moment.  Some things in particular that stood out...


  Tuesday: After district meeting, we went to the train station to grab lunch and a bunch of French girls would not leave us alone for a good 45 minutes or so. We decided to end lunch early as the situation looked a bit weird and left.   Later on that day, we were on the way to an appointment with Familie V (a seriously awesome family!).  We went to the train station and stood waiting for the train. Well this drunk man from a few tracks across decided he was going to hop down onto the tracks ( A BIG NO NO). People started freaking out when he jumped onto our track and a train was very close by and on our track. We had about 15 seconds. People were freaking out but no one was helping him! So I jumped onto the track and he wouldn't budge. With a train coming, we didn't have a whole lot of time. So I picked him up and threw him onto the dock or whatever you want to call it. Then I climbed back up onto the dock.  That was an adrenaline rush haha. Anyway, he wasn't too happy about being thrown and he got up and stampeded onto a train by the next track. When he sobers up, he'll realize that he's in another country.


   Wednesday - I ate horse meat for the first time. Super interesting. Yes, I ate all of it!


   Thursday-  Travelled to Brugge and set a baptismal date with this awesome Belgian man named J for 11 February 2012. I'm excited to hear how everything goes for him. We also travelled to Geraardsbergen and had an appointment with a lady who only spoke French. We have to stop having appointments like that... That's getting too crazy for me.


   Friday - We missed our train but ended up having an incredible appointment with E. It was really at that point for sure that his baptism would go through.


   Saturday- World War 3 broke out... well at least that's what it sounded like with all of the fireworks. They go all out. We have nothing on their firework shows. It literally sounded like war. ( Like I know what war sounds like :P)  Happy New Years! You guys know more about Appeldoorn than I do.  Tin Tin! Was it good? Smurfs and Tin Tin are both Belgian.  Tin Tin has been advertised here for a super long time. Steven Spielberg got an award for it eh? Cant wait to see it someday!  My tie that I got at the Christmas tie exchange was a Pink Panther Tie.
Oh! and I'm beginning transfer 7. Next transfer is my year mark :X
Gent is pretty dang far from Appeldoorn :/.   Elder Shoemaker and I will be in 2 different zones.  He's getting an AWESOME companion. 10x's the missionary I can ever be.  For New Years Eve, we had to go inside by 4 pm. It's dangerous in some places with all the craziness going on. It was a good chance to get things done around the apartment and catch up in my journal. Goodness, I'm going to miss Gent! What a blessed place. I feel so blessed to have had the chance to serve here. Hope you all have a good week. Take care. I have no idea what my address is, sorry :(.


Love,

Elder Schulte


No comments:

Post a Comment