New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Monday, March 26, 2012

3/26/12

Dear Family,

I apologize that my letters have been getting progressively shorter. I really don't know the reason why.  The zone had 3 baptisms this week! So proud of our zone!  Also, this is transfer week. Elder Schwartz and I will be staying together for another transfer. This will be my 2nd companion that I have had longer than 1 transfer.
  OK, so the car was having problems and we thought we would have to wait until Thursday but luckily they had an extra car. We drove out to Leiden, grabbed it and came back. We also had two exchanges this week. One in Assen and one in Arnhem. Oh wait, three. I was back in Amsterdam this week. I traveled around most of the country this week, haha. We had to go back up to Leiden again today to switch the cars back now that it is fixed.
   The work has been really great! Sissi, who was recently baptized, just got her temple recommend this last Sunday. She'll be visiting the temple on the 31st for the first time.  We set two new baptismal dates with Kurt and Nicholas. They are both very excited to learn about Christ and are very active in the student center in Deventer.  We found a few families to teach this week. I love teaching families.  It was pretty nice going back to Amsterdam. With it being nice weather again, I kept having flashbacks of when I was there.  A woman that my companion and I taught there months ago will be baptized in 2 weeks. She finally has decided to take that step of faith! I was so excited to hear that. She has made such a turn around since the beginning.  Elder Wait, from my MTC group was able to come up to Apeldoorn on an exchange with me for a day. It was really neat. That same day was our 1 month in the MTC mark a year ago haha. Time just slips right through your fingers.  We had a really neat appointment on Sunday night with 6 Chinese students.  I was able to do parts of the lesson in Chinese. Just simple things like pray, ask simple questions and teach simple principles. It's neat to finally see something coming out of this, haha.  The weather here has been absolutely beautiful.  Every single day has been high 60's or 70's. Almost time to take the suit coats off.  It was neat to read Tony's e-mail. I'm excited for him. I hope he can teach me a thing or two about Chinese haha.  I love it here in Apeldoorn. I have a feeling that I will be here for awhile. Or at least I hope so! My son (Elder Shoemaker) will be coming up to join me in the North.  Elder Shoemaker is going to Groningen! He has to travel all the way from Leuven in Belgium.  Driving in the Netherlands reminds me of Chicago or Massachusetts. Aggressive drivers and the only way to drive defensively is be just as aggressive.  I'm glad to hear that Nana is doing well. She's in my prayers every night. Grandma and Grandpa Bob have sent me a few notes. I really need to write them back but please tell them thank you for me!  Brooke Ellis is back from Korea! How was her mission? I'd love to hear how it was.
  Well, I can't really think of anything else to write right now. I'm tired, but happy. It's nice to just crash at the end of the day and feel that you've worked hard. We're working our hardest.  Hope you all have a great week! Have fun in Charleston!

Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment