New address: Send letters here:



Elder Michael Schulte

Vogelkersoord 4

1112 ED, Diemen

Nederland




Mission Home Address: Send packages here!

Make sure to address it like this:


Belgium/Netherlands Mission

Elder Michael Schulte

Schipholweg 66

2316 XE, Leiden

The Netherlands

Borrowed Time

Borrowed Time
On February 20, 2013 we sent another AP back out to train and work in the field before he finishes his two years. We love you Elder Schulte and wish you the very best in Den Helder with your new companion Elder Giles. Elder Schulte, Sister Robinson, President Robinson, Elder Van Rij

Thursday, April 19, 2012

4/15/12


Dear Family,

First, Happy Birthday Dad! I don't think I mentioned that in my last letter, sorry. Second, Congrats on your 25th anniversary :). Thanks for staying together. Makes me proud! I love you guys.  That was really neat reading about Elder Pieper. I hope that Stake conference was nice!

I'm super excited for William's trip out to Jordan. That will be such a cool experience. How is his Arabic coming along? There is a member in Amsterdam who did the same program through BYU and absolutely loved it. I'm sure William will have a great time.

James, Gametime. Way to go on the 400m. I'll send you something cool if you can break 50.00 seconds ;) You're James Schulte, you should be hitting 47 seconds. That picture of the three Mormon runners made me laugh. How often do you get the chance to see that? What ward is the Hamilton Heights kid from? 
 
I'm super excited that the Buckwalters are coming out and I'm even more excited that Neal and Lynnette are close by. I have really enjoyed reading his e-mails about Isaac's basketball games.

This past week, we had zone leader council. We talked about a lot of things going on in the mission and came out with some really great ideas. We're super excited for the beautiful weather.  Things started picking up again this week. Students are still busy and probably will be until Queens day but at least we are learning to adjust to the change. We talked to 1 million people this week (that's what it felt like.) But that's when we find those who are ready. Talk to 1000 people, expect a miracle!

I opened up my journal two nights ago and read where I was at year before. 14 April 2011, I had just received my travel plans to Belgium. I cannot believe that it's been a year. I just got here! Time flies by so quickly. It's been interesting following along in my journal where I was exactly one year ago with each day.

Tomorrow, we are headed to the temple and will be going with the elders from the Antwerpen Zone. Speaking of Belgium, I am so excited to hear that Zuster Geens got her Patriarchal Blessing. I bet that was an incredible experience for her.

This week it seemed as though the entire ward was in a funk. I was feeling in a funk as well but as soon as it seemed apparent that everybody else was too, it made my companion and me realize that we need to do our best to stay positive and help those around us to stay positive as well. Since then, I've had this new source of energy and I feel really happy again, haha.

We had the opportunity to go down to Amersfoort this week to see the Rensen's. It was great to see them and her baptism will be this next Saturday. I'm so excited for her.

I'm afraid there isn't too much more to report on from this week. We finally have the ball rolling again and I know that I will have more things to talk about in the next e-mail. I love you guys, great to hear from you!

Love,
Elder Schulte

No comments:

Post a Comment